Insurance Filing

Certification of motor carrier insurance coverage is only accepted through the Commission's online system and must be filed directly by the insurance company. Generally, the insurance company underwriter has been designated by the insurance company to log on to our system to make these filings.

An insurance company cannot make a filing online for a carrier until the carrier's application has been entered into our system by PUC staff. The company name should be in our system by the name on file with the Secretary of State: its legal trade name or business name. To verify a trade name or business name, go to the Colorado Secretary of State's website at: