Telecommunications Annual Reporting and DR525

All annual reports and/or DR0525 forms are due on or before April 30 of the current year. Do not use a prior year's version of the reporting forms.

Due to COVID-19, the COPUC will allow electronic signatures on the annual report and DR0525. If a carrier files the annual report and DR0525 via our e-filings system, that will serve as a second signature. The Department of Revenue has also been advised that they will accept electronic signatures and allow leniency for forms with only one officer signature.

Please note that per Commission Rule 723-2-2187(g)(XI) only Incumbent ETCs are required to file an annual report. All non Incumbent ETC carriers must still file a copy of their DR525 in the annual report proceeding, 21M-0007T, but do not need to file an annual report excel form. 

ETCs and non ETCs must file with the Commission AND with the Department of Revenue. Payment invoices will be sent to carriers by the Department of Revenue and payment shall be made directly to them. 

Department of Revenue DR0525 Requirements

Pursuant to § 40-2-109, C.R.S., all providers that are required by the Department of Revenue to file an annual DR0525 form shall file with the Commission a copy of the DR525 form filed with the Department of Revenue pursuant to § 40-2-111, C.R.S., for use in the Commission’s budgetary process.

Installment payments will be issued by the Department of Revenue and carriers shall remit payment directly to the Department of Revenue as indicated on the DR0525. You can learn more about how to file at the Department of Revenue by visiting their website.

Eligible Telecommunications Carriers (ETC):Filing the Annual Report, CPA Audit Report, and Form DR0525

In accordance with Commission Rule 723-2-2187(g)(XI), each Incumbent Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (ETC) is required to file an annual report for the preceding calendar year on or before April 30. The Incumbent ETC shall submit the annual report on a prescribed form by the Commission; shall properly complete the form; and, shall ensure the form is verified and signed by a person authorized to act on behalf of the ETC.

For Incumbent ETCs, the annual report filing must include: 1) the annual report, 2) the most recent CPA audit report, and 3) a copy of the Colorado Department of Revenue’s Form DR0525 (“Annual Report of Public Utility Intrastate Gross Operating Revenue”).

For non incumbent ETC's, including competitive and lifeline only, a copy of Form DR0525 must be filed with the PUC to maintain certification and/or registration and is due to the Commission by April 30th of each year for the prior calendar year's gross operating revenue. Additionally, Form DR0525 must be filed with the Colorado Department of Revenue on or before May 1 of the current year.

The preferred method of filing the annual report and DR0525 for the Colorado Public Utilities Commission is through the E-Filings system, in the existing Proceeding No. 21M-0007T. Additional information is available in the Instructions document below. If you do not see links to the forms below, you may need to open the site in Google Chrome. 

ETC Utility Contact: Commission Designated Agent or E-Filings Filer Administrator

Review and update the utility contacts, specifically identifying a current Commission Designated Agent. A Commission Designated Agent is a person upon whom service of process, notices, or orders may be made for the public utility. If this individual is not located in the State of Colorado, please identify a second Commission Designated Agent who is located in the State of Colorado. It is highly recommended that at least one of the Commission Designated Agents be a company employee since this will be the contact for any future notifications of annual reports, Colorado High Cost Support Mechanism (CHCSM) filings, and similar matters. Filings that require official service from the PUC will only be sent to the E-Filings' Filer Administrator or one Commission Designate Agent (if a company does not have an E-Filings Filer Administrator).

Questions regarding annual reports should be directed to: